Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Information meeting and Interview- WinCo foods...

I just wanted to add a "official" post to let you all know how my pre employment information meeting went with WinCo foods on Friday afternoon. It was held at the E-Center here in West Valley City, Utah- I met with them Friday afternoon at 3:30 PM the meeting was 1 1/2 hours long till 5 P.M. I was invited to a interview this Wednesday September 30th, 2009 @ 1:45 PM at the E-center. Here is my Dilemma... They are a 24 hour a day 7 days a week store- they said in this meeting that "We are looking for people with complete open availability who can work any day and any time." "Not individuals who are looking for set schedules- we need people to work on and be apart of a team!" "Not set schedules etc." "If you are looking for a mon-fri 9-5 or 7-3- (a set schedule) then were not looking for that!" With that being said... I am not going to be able to as least as far as i understand and if i understand correctly- going to be able to only be available to work till let's say midnight (for example) i have to be able to work any shift and day. So if i get the job and or pursue this further there is a very good chance i will be working graveyards, alot or most sundays etc. The problem with that is no church!!, if for example i was to get off in the middle of the night- no way to get home- as i do not have my own car and the busses do not "run" in the middle of the night. So i do not know what to do- I want to be able to go to church - at the same time i do not know what to do because since we all are looking for work and even though no one at home has expressed it (my mom and dad) i feel alot of pressure to i guess you would say "comprimise my standards" and what i am really willing to do to be the provider of the family. Don't get me wrong i do not mind contributing to the family but, to be what i feel would be the sole provider. I feel like i would fail the family and things will "go downhill!" if i don't take this job or anything. I am so scared, worried and confused and discouraged. I should be happy and excited for this interview but, the way i am feeling right now i'm not. HELP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment